Sunday, September 15, 2013

Candy Corn Scarecrow

 


Candy Corn is fun fall treat.  I love the each of the white, orange and yellow layers. When it is packaged as a cute candy corn Scarecrow who can resist it!

To make these adorable candy corn scarecrows you will need:

  • An empty glass bottle.  I reused a Starbucks frappuccino bottle.
  • Plastic cup
  • Yellow sharpie
  • Buttons
  • Candy Corn
  • Brown and orange paper scraps

Color your plastic cup with a yellow sharpie.  You could also use a yellow paper cup.  However, I like how the plastic curls and it was what I had on hand.  Trim your cup to the correct size, and cut slits to mimic straw.  Gently curl the edges.  Add a paper band to the hat as a finishing touch.  You could also embellish with flowers if you were making a girl scarecrow.

Glue on button eyes and a paper stitched mouth.  Fill your jar with Candy Corn and your little candy corn Scarecrow is all finished.
These little Scarecrows would make a great teacher gift or favors for your next party.  I was able to use recycled materials and make what I had on hand work.  ll I needed to purchase was the candy.  I love cute project that don’t cost anything to make!

I found this one.... let's have fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment