Materials For Sarong:
- Required fabric = your hip measurement + 36”.
- example your hip measurement = 32” + 36”= 68” or 1 7/8 yards Iron and ironing surface
- Sewing machine or heat activated adhesive tape
- Wash the fabric to allow for any shrinkage that might occur.
- Trim off the selvage edges of the fabric. Press the rough edges on all four sides of the fabric under 1/4”. Press folded edge under 1/2”to create a hem.
- Secure the folded edges with a regular sewing machine. If you don’t sew, create a “hem” on folded edges with heat activated adhesive tape. Follow the package instructions for the heat activated adhesive tape.
Materials For Flip Flops:
- 1/4 yard fabric
- 1 pair flip flops
- Cut 1” x 9” strips of fabric.
- Tie the strips in a knot around the straps of the flip flops.
- Continue to add strips alternating sides until you have the flip flop fringe as full as you choose. Trim fringe with scissors to desired length.