Candy Cane Whoopie Pies
- Dark chocolate cake mix like devils food or chocolate fudge
- Tub of white icing like cream cheese or vanilla
- Crushed candy canes
- Whoopie Pie pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease whoopie pie pan.
- Prepare cake mix as per package directions except only add 1/2 of the specified amount of water. The cake mix should resemble paste, nice & thick.
- Drop teaspoon full of mixture in each whoopie pie cavity.
- Bake for 8-10 mins.
- Continue until all cake mix is used.
- Remove pies from oven and let cool on a wire backing rack.
- Once cooled spread generously with icing and make a cookie sandwich.
- Roll icing edges in crushed candy cane.