Total Time 1 to 2 hours Ages school-age
No fighting over who gets the drumstick here! These soft, stuffed turkey legs can be easily made in multiples. Use them instead of a ball in games of catch, keep-away, and hot potato. Have players wear oven mitts for an extra challenge.
What you'll need
- 1/2-inch wood dowel or stick
- Quilt batting (we used fiberfill)
- Masking tape
- Adult-size brown sock
- Aluminum foil
How to make it
- For each leg, you'll need a roughly 9-inch length of a 1/2-inch wood dowel or stick. Cut quilt batting into large pieces. Wrap the pieces over one end of the dowel, using masking tape to secure them, and gradually form the rounded part of the drumstick.
- Cut the sock just below the heel. Pull the sock over the batting. Trim any excess from the sock, and use masking tape to cinch and seal the sock around the dowel.
- Form two 1-inch-wide balls from aluminum foil, and tape them to the end of the dowel, as shown. Wrap the exposed dowel with more foil to fatten it, then cover all of the foil with masking tape.