For those Christmas decorations you ought to be proud of.
- STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- Wreath, 16" x 2"
- Balls: six 3"; two 2-1/2"; seven 2"; (12) 1-1/2"; (12) 1"; (11) 1/2"
- Toothpicks, 17 round
- Acrylic craft paint: brown, rose
- 3mm half-round eyes, six black
- Ribbon: 1/2" x 1 yd. gold (scarves); 1/8" x 2 yds. white satin; 3" x 3 yds. white satin;
- 5-1/2" x 3 yds. white tulle
- Gel glue, clear drying
- Micro glitter, white or clear
- Darning needle
- Serrated knife
- Old candle
- Thick, white craft glue or low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
knife blade with old candle. Cut wreath ring in half, forming swag. Slice
1/2" off two 3" balls. Glue cut edges of balls to ends of swag.
in half 11 toothpicks. Insert and glue one-half toothpick in three
3", two 2-1/2", five 2", nine 1-1/2", and two 1"
balls. Arrange balls on front of swag and then glue in place, gluing
largest balls first. Refer to photo for placement.
three snowmen from 1-1/2", 2" and 3" balls. Cut small slice
from top and bottom of 2" balls and one end of 1-1/2" and 3"
balls; glue cut sides together. Paint six toothpicks brown; let dry.
Insert toothpicks in center ball for arms. For scarves, tie 8" length
of 1/2" wide gold ribbon around necks. Glue on eyes. Paint small
rose-colored mouth. Lightly blush cheeks.
1/8" ribbon in darning needle; thread 1" and 1/2" balls on
ribbon, following photo. Vary sizes of balls and ribbon lengths. To add
ribbon tails to snowmen, insert and glue ribbon directly into bottom ball.
To add ribbon hangers to snowmen, insert and glue ribbon directly into top
ball. To hang ribbons from swag, insert and glue ribbons directly into
wreath. Tie small knots at ends of ribbons.
thin layer of gel glue on tops of balls and on snowmen. Lightly sprinkle
glitter on glue.
together 3" satin ribbon and 5-1/2" tulle ribbon; tie large bow;
trim ends to point. Glue totop of swag.
- For hanger, tie loop in 6" length of 1/8" ribbon; insert and glue knot in back of swag.