This is a perfect craft to keep for yourself or give to a friend as a gift. This Christmas ornament speaks for itself. It's glittery and beautiful. Acrylic paints and styrofoam balls put this ornament together.
- STYROFOAM* Brand Foam:
- Balls, one each size: 3", 2", 1-1/2"
- Black craft foam, 1/2 sheet (hats only)
- Glitter: iridescent white micro, black (hats only)
- Beads: black, 4mm, two; pink, 6mm, two; pearl, 6mm, three
- Wooden dowel rod, 3/16", 6" length
- Wooden skewer
- Acrylic paints: pearl, rose, orange
- White glittered chenille stem, 2" length (earmuffs only)
- White glittered pom poms, 1/2", two (earmuffs only)
- White ribbon: curling, 1/4" x 1/2 yd.; wire-edged sheer, 1" x 1/3 yd.
- White ribbon roses with leaves, 1" across, one to two
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Paintbrushes: flat, liner
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Craft knife
- Craft snips
- Floral wire
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
white craft glue
serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin; cut 1/4" from top and bottom
of 2" ball. Tightly twist balls together to form snowman; use glue
gun to secure.
craft snips to cut dowel in half for arms; paint pearl. While still wet,
sprinkle with white glitter. Push cut ends into scrap piece of foam to
skewer into bottom of snowman. Holding skewer, spread craft glue evenly
over entire snowman. Sprinkle surface with white glitter; use fingers to
gently press glitter into glue. Stick skewer into scrap piece of foam to
let glue dry.
glue gun to glue arms into body as shown. Glue and gently press beads into
foam for eyes, cheeks, and buttons.
craft snips to cut 1" from pointed end of skewer for nose. Paint
orange; glue to face. Use liner brush to paint tiny rose mouth.
patterns onto black craft foam; cut out with craft knife.
snowman, overlap short hat crown edges 1/4"; use glue gun to secure.
Use craft glue to glue top inside crown and crown to brim; let dry. Apply
craft glue to entire hat and sprinkle with black glitter; let dry. Glue
hat to head. Glue short length of curling ribbon around hat for band; glue
ribbon rose to band. Tie sheer ribbon around neck. Tie remaining curling
ribbon around neck; use scissors blade to curl ends.
snowlady, make a cut from edge of hat crown to center. Overlap edges and
bend crown into shallow cone; use hot glue to secure. Use craft glue to
glue crown to brim. Apply craft glue to entire hat and sprinkle with black
glitter; let dry. Glue bonnet to head. Center sheer ribbon over top of
bonnet; tie under chin. Spot glue knot to chin to secure. Tie curling
ribbon around neck; use scissors blade to curl ends. Glue ribbon roses to
hat brim and ribbon knot.
snowbaby, bend chenille stem into a "U"; glue ends to sides of
head. Glue pom poms over chenille stem ends. Tie sheer ribbon around neck.
Tie curling ribbon around neck; use scissors blade to curl ends.
- Cut 3" length from wire for hanger. Bend wire into hook; glue into top of head.