Add to your collection of snowmen. This snowman tree decor is a perfect decoration for the Christmas holiday. You can make it as a gift too. Garland, beads and glitter make this one heck of a craft. It's quick and easy too.
- STYROFOAM* Brand Products:
- Cone, 12"
- Balls: 1", 72; 1-1/2", 18; 2", 18
- Pom poms: 1/4" white (noses), 18; 1/4" assorted (buttons), 36; 1/2" assorted (earmuffs), 36
- Tinsel stems, assorted colors (headbands), 2-1/2" length for each snowman
- Metallic silver tree garland, 15 ft.
- Ultra fine white iridescent glitter
- 8mm black beads, 36
- 1/2"-1" satin or grosgrain ribbon, assorted colors (neck bows)
- 1/4" metallic curling ribbon: silver; assorted colors
- Pink acrylic paint
- Liner paintbrush
- Serrated knife
- Wooden skewers
- Pink chalk or powdered blush
- Cotton swab
- Disposable palette
- Paper towels
- Wooden toothpicks
- Florist wire
- Wire cutters
- Thick, white craft glue; low-temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- Cut a
small slice from one side of a 1-1/2" foam ball to flatten. Press and
twist flat side of 1-1/2" ball onto a 2" ball until snug. Glue
pieces together, forming snowman's head and body.
photo as a guide, press four 1" balls onto sides of 2" body near
top and bottom for arms and legs. Glue pieces together.
- Push a wooden skewer into center back of snowman to serve as a handle. Coat entire surface of snowman with white glue. While glue is wet, sprinkle glitter generously onto snowman to cover. Gently press glitter into glue to adhere. Let dry and then remove skewer.
two black bead eyes and one 1/4" white pom pom nose to snowman's
dark pink paint and liner brush, paint a tiny smile on face. Let dry.
pink chalk or powdered blush on cheeks with a cotton swab.
two matching 1/4" pom poms down center front of body for buttons.
satin or grosgrain ribbon in a bow around snowman's neck. Trim ends at an
angle, leaving short streamers trailing down tummy.
- Cut a
2-1/2" length of tinsel stem and bend into a U shape for a headband.
Place headband on snowman and then glue two matching 1/2" pom poms
over ends for earmuffs.
- Cut a 10" length of metallic curling ribbon and tie in a small bow around snowman's neck. Loosely curl ribbon with a scissors blade.
several 1" lengths of floral wire and bend into U shapes.
foam cone with metallic garland, pressing U-shape wires over garland and
into foam to secure.
- Press a toothpick halfway into back of snowman and then press opposite end into foam cone. Repeat to attach each snowman to topiary, using photo as a guide for placement. Glue curls of metallic ribbon to topiary, filling in between snowmen as desired