Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Peppermint Ornament

Personalized Peppermint Christmas Stocking Ornaments!
(Easy Christmas Craft Using Starlight Mints)
Have you hung your Christmas stockings yet? It's one of my
    favorite holiday traditions. Growing up, we didn't actually hang ours. Mama and Daddy laid them out on the sofa on Christmas Eve...and they weren't really even stockings. They were white tube socks. I can still see them laying there on Christmas morning as we ran into the living room after having begged our parents to get up before the crack of dawn! They always had a tangerine and orange..I can still smell them. We would buy them by the case every Christmas at the Farmer's Market. There were also unshelled pecans and other nuts, and then our favorite..a couple of candy bars! I remember getting a Snicker bar every year. Such wonderful Christmas memories...I'm excited about making new ones this Christmas with my children and grandchildren. :o)

You will need peppermints, red fondant, stocking cookie cutter, foodwriters pens, parchment paper, holly mix sprinkles, corn syrup and twine for these easy melted peppermint stocking ornaments.


 While candy is melting, prepare your cookie cutter. I wish I'd have had at least a couple..next time I will. Baking one at time just takes a little longer.
Immediately press prepared cookie cutter into melted candy. Wait about 3 minutes and press a lollipop stick into candy to make a hole for twine or ribbon. At the 4 minute mark, the candy should be cool enough for you to remove the cookie cutter. I lift the candy and gently press the cutter completely through. It's still pliable at this point, so be quick to lay it flat on the parchment to finish cooling.
**edit** for an updated (and just plain better) technique for making the "ribbon hole" in ornament..click here. It worked perfectly on my Peppermint Mittens Ornaments!
 So Easy! Just let the fondant dry completely before writing on it or threading the twine.
 I decorated mine with holly and berries. Just dab a little corn syrup on the candies and place on stocking.
You will be doing this too if you don't make the hole in cuff large enough!
Sweet stockings..all finished!
 What are some of your favorite Christmas memories? I'd love to hear them. :o)
Wishing You a Sweet Day From
Sugartown Sweets!
 
 
I found this on: www.sugartownsweets.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment